2.04 Job Descriptions, Room Division – Front Office, 95 pages
A complete selection of Front Office job descriptions, ideal for setting your standards
During pre-opening and as a guideline for the day-to-day operation for Human Resources
Department head and employee.
Room Division – Front Office
1.01 Room Divisions Manager
1.02 Revenue & Front Office Manager
1.03 Reception Manager
1.04 Head Receptionist
1.05 Front Office Attendant
1.06 Guest Relation Manager
1.07 Assistant Guest Relation Manager
1.08 Guest Relation Supervisor
1.09 Guest Relation Officer
1.10 Reservation Supervisor
1.11 Reservation Officer
1.12 Chief Concierge
1.13 Concierge Officer
1.14 Bell Captain
1.16 Executive Driver
1.17 Door Boy – Girl
1.19 Airport Representative Supervisor
1.20 Airport Representative Officer
1.21 Business Centre Supervisor
1.22 Business Centre Officer
1.23 Telephone Operator Supervisor
1.24 Telephone Operator
1.25 Fax Operator
1.26 Night Manager
1.27 Night Administration
Resort & Spa
JOB TITLE : Rooms Divisions Manager
DEPARTMENT : ROOMS DIVISION
SECTION : Front Office
REPORTS TO : General Manager
SUPERVISES : Assistant Front of House Manager
Front Office Manager
Front Office Supervisor
Front Office staff
JOB SUMMARY : Basic functions: Directs and controls
Reservation, Reception and Information / Tours Counter,
Telephone Section, Airport representatives, Front Office Cashier
Responsibilities and Duties- General / Specific
- Be responsible for all Front Office Operation i.e.
- Reception and Cashier
- Business Center
- Airport Representative
- Telephone Operator
- Ensure all procedures are followed properly .
- Keep the hotel standard of service toward guest at all times.
- Ensure good communication and cooperation between Front Office Department and other Departments.
- Be responsible for rooms’ control and rate restriction.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets.
- Control expenses of Front Office Department.
- Be responsible for all training in front Office department.
- Be responsible for Front Office staff recruitment.
- Be responsible for all assets in Front Office Department.
- Control the room keys.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Handle salary increments.
- Handle other instruction from Resident Manager of General Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties – Reservation Operations
- That reservation in fully aware of rate structure of the hotel .
- That reservation department and Front Office staff are constantly aware of availability sates- open, on request, closed dates, etc.
- That telephone is handling promptly and efficiently .
- That all faxes requiring attention are answered of distributed to right channel without delay .
- During “Close” and “On Request” period personally takes control of the booking situation, maximize rooms’ sales and accurately forecasting “No Show” of ” Cancellation”
- That forecast and monthly report are done promptly and accurately .
- All duties of VIP reservation, amendments are known to all Front Office staff .
- All allotment blockages are regularly reviewed .
- Complies with conditions of contractual agreement .
- Ensure that reservation status is regularly up-dated
- Supervisor that system for documenting deposit, which are sent in advance .
- Fully conversant with company policies and have available all necessary literature tariff brochures and sales kits.
- Maximizing room revenue and average room rate ( yield )
Responsibilities and Duties – Reception Operation
- Staff must be fully briefed on room status, rates and types.
- That staff is aware of booking situation daily.
- That staff is aware of yesterday occupancy and today occupancy .
- That staff is welcoming all guests with a smile and traditional greeting .
- That staff intelligently engage a converse with guests.
- That all gusts are treated equally as VIP .
- Ensure that reception desk is adequately staffed.
- Ensure that staff is on stand by to welcome guests at all times.
- Ensure that receptionist escort guests to room.
- ensure that visitors are met and taken care of .
- Flight confirmation procedures carry out properly .
- Proper uniform good appearance and personal hygiene are observed .
- Pre-registration of VIP and return guests are done promptly .
- Ensure that registration cards are accurately filled in with all relevant details and that procedures regarding passport i.e. family name, first name etc. are followed .
- That all information and procedures required by the police department is recorded and supplied
- Check that all rooms are presentable & participate in random room check to ensure standards are kept.
- Supervise the system for courtesies items to guests are ready in the room on check in .
- coordinate with House Keeping and Engineering to minimize out of order room.
- Supervise a proper system for all mails, faxes ect, ensure to handle staff properly .
- Greeting as many as possible to arriving and departing guests .
- Ensure a proper coordination among staff during check in process .
- Ensure that all VIPs, return guests & any other guests advised by Management are welcomed properly.
- Ensure staff personal cleanliness and manners are regularly observed.
- All daily reports are properly and accurately prepared.
- All guest names are correctly and properly on folio.
- All VIPs classification are recorded and distributed.
- Ensure that room rate and details required are properly handled.
- Ensure that guest’s room keys are handled discreetly.
- Ensure guest personal information is not given out to other without consent.
- Name of VIPs and return guests are remembered .
31. Verification of guest name is done at all times before giving out room key.
32. All key replacement are tightly controlled and approved.
33. All guest room must have key and key tag.
34. Ensure that not unauthorized staff has access to keys.
35. Ensure that the working station is always clean and tidy.
Responsibilities and Duties- Telephone Section
- Ensure that staff is properly trained in handling the PABX system and switchboard . New staff is adequately
- Ensure that operator standard of English comprehension and expression are acceptable and that they can speak clearly and politely .
- That they are fully conversant with the usage of weak up call and billing system.
- That the proper procedure are used for passing on of message for guests , management and hotel departments .
- Ensure that the switchboard is manned at all times.
- Regularly check that good coordination is achieved for shift to shift and with other section/department.
- That they are fully aware of Fire and Emergency Procedure and that important telephone numbers such as police, fire brigade, hospital ect. are available for quick reference .
- Hotel information and telephone extension numbers of internal management offices are known and memorized.
- Ensure that all bills are paid and recorded.
- Ensure that staff is using English as standard Language when answering internal and incoming telephone calls .
- Ensure that all incoming outgoing and weak up call are done properly and efficiently .
- Ensure that telephone is answered within (max) ringing 3 times .
Responsibilities and Duties-Airport Representatives
- Ensure that meeting all arrival and arrangements on departure of all guests are properly executed.
- That all staff maintains a good relationship with Airport Authority airline for the smooth arrival / departure of all guests.
- A monthly meeting is held either at the airport of at the hotel.
- Ensure that sufficient staff is working everyday .
- At least two telephone call per shift must be done to make daily report between staff and management .
- Ensure that paging system is working properly and carry daily on all shifts.
- Ensure that staff maintains well manner and observe rules, regulation and any special instruction at all times.
- Ensure that staff has proper uniform and carry hotel signboard while working.
- General sales by acquiring walk-in guests.
Responsibilities and Duties- Front Office Cashier
- Ensure that cashiers are fully aware of company’s credit policies rules regarding acceptance of credit card, traveler check and foreign currency.
- Correct procedure for the checking out of guests are followed: and all cashiers are fully conversant with the use of cash register , credit cars approval systems and other machine in relation to their job.
- Proper procedure & policy followed concerning bill cancellation, rebate, paid put and other discount.
- General service at the counter run smoothly without interruption safe deposit keys, office keys handling process.
Responsibilities and Duties- Bell Captain
- Ensure that bell desk is manned at all times.
- Ensure that smooth and fast baggage handling for all arrival / departure guests
- All baggage is recorded.
- English language is properly used.
- Keep working area, clean and tidy daily.
- Ensure that all bills are paid and room keys returned before guest depart from the hotel premises.
- Messages are distributed properly and accurately.
- Ensure that hotel shuttle bus service and airport transfer are carried out smoothly and properly
- Maintain close relationship with reception / information / cashier as well as other related section.
- Help observe safety and security rules at all times.
- Alert the management of any unattended packages and stranger found in the premises .
- Carry out other assignments.
Responsibilities and Duties – Front Office Operation
- Ensure that hotel rules & regulation are followed.
- Ensure that hotel policy & procedure are observed.
- Relevant information received is passing down to staff.
- Unity and cooperation carry out.
- Staff knows what he/she has to do and performance is up to the highest standard.
- Briefing, training and development process is done regularly and efficiently.
- Handle complaint, incident and accidents.
- Direct Supervisor: General Manager
- Indirect Supervisor: Resident Manager / Executive Assistant Manager
Responsibilities and Authority
- Employee relation: Maintain good employee relations, review employee performances and efficiently. Interview, hired, trains transfers and promotion recommendation.
- Materials of products: Not direct applicable.
- Authorization; Up to certain extent that will not tarnish or jeopardize hotel revenue and image. He / she can authorize cancellation of bill , rebate, entertains with prior approval from General Manager . Room discount as per hotel’s policy.
- Business contact ( Internal and External) : Meet with top management personnel and greets VIP, travel agents, government officers, high ranking officers and top commercial business person.
- Special or additional responsibility: as assigned by the General Manager.
The ……………team always believes and behaves in the following:
We have pride in the work we do, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues.
We always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
We work closely with our colleagues in all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions.
We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
We treat guests and colleagues fairly – everyone is important.
We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
We are happy to talk to our guests when they ask us questions about our hotel and about Thailand.
The hotel requires that you will not (either during or after your employment), divulge any
Information acquired by you about the company, its customers and associated business to any
Third party without express authorization from Senior Management of the hotel
Since the tasks and SOP’s are increasing, and will be revised at a later stage, it is understood
That there will be some additional and new attachments in the future as the business will be
Increasing and customer’s expectations will be even higher, therefore new tasks will
Added, as it shall be required.
I have read, understood and agree to this job description, all my duties and responsibilities.
Employee:…………………………………. Signed: …………………………… Date: ………..
Department Head:………………………… Signed: …………………………… Date:………
Personnel Manager:………………………. Signed: …………………………… Date: ………