3.02 Job Descriptions, Sales & Marketing, 48 pages
A must have selection of Sales & Marketing Job Descriptions, ideal for setting your hotel standards and refining your basics for overall training.
SALES & MARKETING
1.01 Director of Communication & Business Development
1.02 Director of Sales
1.03 Sales Reservation Agent
1.04 Sales Secretary
1.05 Public Relation Officer
1.06 Sales Reservation Executive / Reservation Supervisor
1.07 Sales Executive
1.08 Secretary to Director of Sales & Marketing
1.09 Sales Manager Japanese
1.10 Sales Manager
1.11 Yield Analyst
Resort & Spa
JOB TITLE : Director of Communications and Business Development
DEPARTMENT : Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO : Director of Sales and Marketing
SUPERVISES : Public Relations Officer
LEVEL : A
JOB SUMMARY :
- Assist DoSM in carrying out hotel’s mission in the filed assigned by the Head Office and the Hotel General Management
- Assist DoSM in terms of reporting and control in order to communicate with the management and Regional office and Meridien Sales Office around the world
- To establish and maintain a high level of proficiency and professionalism in promotion and Public Relations to ensure promotion action plan in the hotel are achieved
- Promotes and maintains good communications in order to build and
- maintain the prestigious image of the hotel.
- Defines the public relations strategy in conjunction with the chain’s marketing and communications’ objectives and according to the hotel marketing objectives.
- Defines annual program for public relations detailing objectives and budget requires to achieve these actions
- Provide assistance and input in development of Sales and Marketing Action Plan
Initial areas of reference are:
- Public Relations action plans and Marketing activities
- Joint promotion with reputable merchants
- Promotion strategy
- Sales Trips
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
The duties are :
- (I) To market / sell in assigned geographical and market segment territories to maximize hotel revenue
(ii) Inter hotel Sales – to promote and sell all Meridien hotels Worldwide on calls (Xsell Program), telephones, mail, contact, client entertainment and site inspection
- To control the day to day activities of the Public Relations:
- To conduct PR daily briefing
- Day to day review with DoSM to conclude daily PR activities and report important issues
- Review weekly PR plans
- Act as first reference for decisions for PR action plans:
- Decide on a Course of action and
- Discuss with DoSM and outline reasons for the decision
- Elaborate strategies for all market with input from Sales Team and DoSM
- Monitor promotion activities within the hotel
- Identify departmental training needs
- Deal with day to day Promotion / PR issues and ensure adequate communication exists between PR and Operational Departments
- To develop new accounts for the hotel through personal of sales calls and client servicing.
- Servicing existing accounts and maintaining a regular call pattern
- To provide feedback on competitor hotel activity
- To promote hotels facilities and activities through hotel inspection and entertainment of clients in the hotel
- Attend daily and related Sales & Marketing meeting
- Attend hotel functions such as LSG Parties, F&B promo or other requested
- Participate in staff management, in particular in term of hours, training, leadership and discipline. In respect to rules and regulations.
- On a monthly basis, together with PR to prepare PR and Communications report to DoSM
- Calls minimum 15 per week including sire inspection and luncheons/dinners.
- Assist DoSM in preparing the budget
- Make any proposal likely to improve Sales and Marketing strategic
The responsibilities are:
- To ensure client and guest satisfaction with the services provided by the hotel
- Submitting weekly plan and sales activity including monthly report to the director of Sales and Marketing
- Ensuring proper records are kept on clients in the form of a Fidelio system, and maintain commercial portfolio system.
- To handle client reservation request in a proficient and polite manner
- Handle routine correspondence, responding within 24 hours
- Ensuring that sales promotional material to be distributed is current
- Maintain up to date trace file for follow up on leads
- To develop joint promotion with reputable merchants to benefits F&B, Rooms and Le Spa
- Assist department concerns in searching and following up for sponsorships
- Monitor correct operation of PR and promotion, according to instructions given by DoSM
- Effective participation in coordinating and controlling promotion plan and activities
- Make sure Meridien standards and procedures and those resulting from hotel’s Sales and Marketing policy are correctly applied
- Make any suggestion likely to better adapt services to local markets expectations.
- Apply and ensure application of procedures and regulations concerning FO and F&B
- Make sure that all material and equipment made available to the Sales and marketing department is correctly used.
- Effective participation in inventory taking
- Implement appropriate measures to improve control of costs, personnel expenses and charges
- Working hours as stated by the hotel rule (KKB)
- Market segment as assigned based on geographical area
- Keep updated and involve in Tiffany program and rate loading process
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages that are an advantage.
- Good inter-personal skill
- Computer literate, i.e. word, Excel, Fidelio
- Knowing promotion and advertising in general
- Must be able to contact with all levels of personnel within the hotel and with the hotel guests.
- Good educational background
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the customers at all level
- Able to lead people, able to perform middle managerial skills and able to supervise junior employees
- Related industry experience is highly regarded
As suggested by the KKB, however needs to performs extra duty hours as a middle management requirement
Page 4 :
Be able to assign all tasks to the sub-ordinate while maintains the standard of performance. Has a strong leadership skill and team building. Be able to perform on the job of Director of Sales and Marketing during his or her absence.
Low profile, Calm however aggressive in a positive way, confident, hospitable and friendly
The ……………team always believes and behaves in the following:
We have pride in the work we do, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues.
We always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
We work closely with our colleagues in all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on
We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
We treat guests and colleagues fairly – everyone is important.
We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
We are happy to talk to our guests when they ask us questions about our hotel and about Thailand.
The hotel requires that you will not (either during or after your employment), divulge any
Information acquired by you about the company, its customers and associated business to any
Third party without express authorization from Senior Management of the hotel
Since the tasks and SOP’s are increasing, and will be revised at a later stage, it is understood
That there will be some additional and new attachments in the future as the business will be
Increasing and customer’s expectations will be even higher, therefore new tasks will
Added, as it shall be required.
I have read, understood and agree to this job description, all my duties and responsibilities
Employee:…………………………………. Signed: …………………………… Date: ………..
Department Head:………………………… Signed: …………………………… Date:…….
Personnel Manager:………………………. Signed: …………………………… Date: ………
There are no reviews yet.